23 May 2009

Introduction and Cerbère

Hello Friends, Family, and anyone who got here by accident!

Welcome to my travel blog. As many of you know, I will be traveling around Europe this summer. So I figured I'd do away with the e-mail updating system I had going on and just do a blog. It's the easiest way to keep everyone up to date on what I'm doing.

So here's how it's going to work: I'm going to try and update as often as I can, at least once per city. If I miss an update, I'll make it up as soon as possible. This way you all can stay up with what I'm doing, thinking, where I am...etc. and you can leave me comments!
And that's basically it. Most of my images will be hosted on Facebook, but I'll leave a public link for the photos here.

Without further ado, I'll catch you up with my latest trip:

Cerbère

Hannah and I recently went to Cerbère, which is located on the Mediterranean coast near the Spanish border. We've went just the two of us, and it was like a honey moon but without all the crap of being married! The bay was beautiful, and the water was freezing (although Hannah disagrees), and the town was tiny but really nice. We took a four kilometer walk to the Spanish border, then walked along some trails in the mountains there to overlook the bay. The lighthouse was nice, but weird. It was like old stone structure meets new metal. The views were incredible, and really that was what the town had to offer. We had a nice hotel on a small road in the Centre Ville area of Cerbère (which was also really tiny).
We hung out on the rock beaches a lot, and did a lot of exploring. It was nice, and the photos are really what you need to get a feel for the place.
OH, there was an abandoned building. It was incredible, and there were some great views from up there.

4 comments:

  1. In the link for the photos on my facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not sure where my comment went the first time, but the lemoncello in the pic is not what I was talking about. You need to go into a bar and ask for a shot of lemoncello. It is more like an sprecial liquour than something in a bottle like a soda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey mom,

    That bottle of Lemencello is a liquour. They sell it in bottles in markets in Rome and so far I've seen them in stores in Florence as well.

    ReplyDelete